Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Top 20 Countdown Continues! Number 6: Sword Art Online II (Toonami): "Mother's Rosario". ソードアート・オンライン II





You would never imagine this episode in this series would resurface in our Top 20 Countdown list after making it to the Number 1 spot in last year’s list, but here it is anyway. Coming in Number 6 in our Top 20 Countdown, it’s Sword Art Online II, “Mother’s Rosario”.


Of course, I’m not going to talk about the summary of the episode, piece by piece. If you want to want the summary version of this spot for this episode, go find it. So instead, I’m going to talk about the dub of this episode.


The dub version in this episode is absolutely amazing. If you are a dub hater and preferred the subbed version, hey, balls on you, they did an amazing job doing this episode.


You guys already know that when this episode first premiered just last year, I cried. I literally cried when Yuuki died. And I cried again when it premiered on Adult Swim when the show is ending it’s run. That scene gets me, that scene always gets me. And I replayed it again and again and again. So much, you guys might want to call the freaking Coast Guard.


Of course, the cast does not disappoint with both Cherami Leigh (English voice of Asuna) and Erica Mendez (English voice of Yuuki) giving it their all in this episode. This arc is by far the best in this series overall, besides the Gun Gale arc and the Aincrad arc. I mean, this whole arc is all about Asuna, even though the spotlight is on Yuuki, this is her time to shine, being the main lead in this arc over being the “damsel in distress”. I have nothing against Asuna, it’s just that she needs more screentime, and I know that the Aincrad arc is where she got her screentime, but I think she haven’t got some character development, not to mention, the apology letter to the fans from her actions when trapped in Alfhiem.


Of course, the other reason why this episode got the top spot in last year’s countdown and made it to this year’s list is of course, the ending when finding out that Kayaba is the person behind the Medicuboid and fans speculating that’s the gateway for an SAO III. Despite that I’m sad over the death of Yuuki, but surprised that Kayaba is the person who is responsible of making the Medicuboid. Not to mention, a what looked like a perfect setup for Season 3.


Let’s not to forget about the post credit scene with Kirito and Asuna...yeah, not going talk about that again.


I know this isn’t the strongest thing I said in this countdown, but you are pretty surprised that this episode makes it to the Top 10 of the Top 20 Countdown for this year, because this will be the ONLY time SAO will make an appearance in this year’s countdown. Like I said, even if the episode is subbed or dubbed, this will make me cry. I guarantee it. Still cried till this very day. You’ll be missed, Yuuki. Again. But, that’s it for the Number 6 spot of the Top 20 Countdown of the 2015 Fandom Season and oh man, 15 down in our countdown, only 5 left standing. Stay tuned for our Number 5 spot as we depart the virtual world into the real world as we faced not one, but two episodes and it’s a fandom that I reviewed back in May. So stay tuned, everyone as the Top 20 Countdown continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment